Ivy

Ivy
cooling off after her job

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 22

I know it has been a while since I wrote. Hard to keep up with this everyday. Some days it is easy sometimes not so....the pups are really growing. Hard to believe how big they are getting.



Lately, when I have been changing their bedding they have been licking Ivy's bowl and chewing on the sides so today I decided to give them some mush to see what they would do. They went NUTS!! I did take some pictures and a couple short clips. I will get them up tomorrow.



This evening as I was feeding the dogs the puppies woke up and started playing. It was so fun just to stand there and watch them wrestle. Poor little Zeus, he is so much smaller than the others they just bowl him over. He was walking around trying to find a place to go to the bathroom Every time he stopped he would get mauled by a puppy. Being the small guy that he is, he figured out that he could go under the railing and pee and not get picked on as the others are to big to go under it without being on their bellies. He climbed in the corner and all you could see was his fat butt and tail sticking straight out. LOL what a sight to see! He got tired and tried to find a place to sleep and finally decided to go underneath the railing and sleep. He is smarter than he looks!!



A couple days ago I had to put the door to the whelping box up because they kept climbing out. The first was Moses then Asia. The next morning there was six now the door. When I put the door up Moses climbed most of the way around the railing looking for the hole. Couldn't find it so he sat down and howled. Pretty smart that he knew there was a hole to escape and to look for it. I take it down when I clean the box (so I don't trip and fall). He comes up to the entrance and watches me move it and tries to climb out as I am sitting on the floor with a different pup. Smart little booger.



They are sure starting to be fun. The playing, barking, growling. I like this stage. They are figuring things out. Tomorrow I will introduce a couple toys for them to investigate. It amazes me how smart they are when they are this little. The things they figure out and remember-like getting out of the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment