Ivy

Ivy
cooling off after her job

Monday, February 8, 2010

12 hours old

So far so good. Everyone is doing well, I have to hand feed Ivy to get her to eat which is ok. I am adding lots of water to it so she gets enough fluid. I tried chicken broth but she snubbed it. Might try some beef bullion. They are fairly quiet which is good. Quiet = full and warm. We like them that way. They squirm, and move and mewl but they don't cry.

I forgot how gross the first stool after birthing is. Most of the time the dogs go to their elimination area in the yard...Not Ivy, since I let the other dogs out first I shoveled so when it was her turn and I didn't let her right back in the house after she urinated she decided to go to the bathroom about two feet from the door where I shoveled. :-( I had to bury it so it will freeze so I can get it moved....sigh....she didn't know better, just wanted to be a good dog and back with her kids.

All of them have nice rich colors. I really like the looks of the second blue girl. And I really like the last red merle male. If I needed another male he would be on the short list. As I was wanting a red merle girl not sure if one is staying here. My mom would like a girl. Blue or black. We will see what we have and what fits her best.

No comments:

Post a Comment