Ivy

Ivy
cooling off after her job

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 12

I know I missed day 11....busy, busy day. They are doing great. Yesterday 6 of them weighed at least 1# 11 ounces. The other three were around 1.4# and then Zeus was a little over 13 ounces. He gained a 1/4 of an ounce since yesterday. He refused the bottle yesterday. I may have gotten an ounce total down him. I was getting frustrated. He again refused both times today. Since he gained, even slightly, I told him I would lay off the bottle and just let him nurse. He is the only one that I will continue with daily weigh ins. Once he gets to 1.6# we will go to twice a week weigh ins. Till we get to the 2# mark then weekly, like with the other guys.

I have been taking turns with them out on the couch with me. Doing some serious snuggling. Some like it more than others. Bailey is fast becoming my favorite. I love her head. My mom wants one so I am trying to lean her that way....have to wait and see what transpires.

Ruby and Red really want to go "help" with the youngsters. Really bad when they start crying. Drives Ivy batty even if they can't get in the room they lay in front of the baby gate and wish from afar. Nice to have such good moms but sometimes they just need to wait their turn or wait for them to get older and mother them then.

No comments:

Post a Comment