Ivy

Ivy
cooling off after her job

Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 4

It amazes me that the little bbm is still with us. He lost about 1/4 of an ounce. He is to be gaining now not loosing. I am wondering if I am doing right by him.....is he as healthy as the other ones? He is so much smaller and still fairly weak. I give him one on one with mom at least 4 times a day, sometimes more and I am also feeding him. He doesn't find the teats as easily as the other ones...or he just has issues latching on. I don't see anything wrong- such a a cleft palate but. He really fights the bottle. I have tried different size nipples to no avail. I am afraid of aspirating him with a syringe. The Nutri-Cal he takes quite eagerly with the syringe so I know he is hungry. I am just to a loss as what to do with him...nothing and let nature takes it course?? Just continue to do what I am doing and hope for the best? Is he suffering cus he is small? I rarely fusses. He is weak but not so weak that he can't get around, just not as strong as the rest of them.

By tomorrow at least two of the pups will be a pound. They weighed in at 15 7/8 today. That is great to see. the remaining 9 are fat and healthy. Love their little rolly tummies. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment