Ivy

Ivy
cooling off after her job

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 5

If nothing else I had a busy day today! The pups got their toenails trimmed today. Squirmy little boogers! It is interesting to see how each reacts to the different situations. The last rmm that was born, was very calm when getting the nails done. He fussed a little at first but settled down and I trimmed the nails very quickly. The red-bi girl on the otherhand faught tooth and nail. She quirmed, she would mouth my hand/finger. She screamed so loudly that Ivy got a little worked up and decided to come see what I was doing. Which didn't help her nose/head right where I needed to see. She didn't care that I scolded her for being in my way, she was bound and determined to see what I was doing.

At weigh in today, 6 of them weighed over a pound. the little boy, I named Zeus, he gained a little today. He gained what he lost yesterday. I bought a new nipple for him and he seems to really like it. Hoping that he will continue to thrive. He was more than willing to nurse off of it and I didn't have to fight with him. Seemed to be a good fit. I sure do hope so. He is still a little over 2 ounces under his birth weight. But he has a little tummy on him now. :-) The other three 2 of them weighed a little over 15 ounces and the third weighed 13 3/4 ounces. Won't be long and 9 will be over a pound...then Zeus will catch them eventually.

We have been doing our stimulus exercises....on the back, head north, head south, different things on their feet. Today, was crinkly tissue. I have a dull toothpick for tomorrow. I just tickle the toes with it. It gives them a little different feeling. Next week we will start the cool towels, warm towels and at the end of the week a little dab of cool water and some warm water.

I set up play dates for the pups and some kids. At 6 wks she will have a three kids from 5-9 coming to socialize. The next weekend they will be back along with their cousins that are 3 1/2 and 5. That will be real good for them. I have some older kids (9-12) coming at 5 wks. Then the usual teenagers will be coming at various times starting next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment